Skybox Imaging empowers global businesses to make better decisions with timely, high fidelity imagery and infinite analytics. By combining the power of web technologies and a constellation of high-resolution imaging satellites, Skybox is generating a unique data source describing daily global activity with timely, accessible, sub-meter color imagery and high definition video of the Earth. Founded in 2009, Skybox Imaging is backed by leading venture firms and comprised of internet and aerospace professionals.
For more information, read about the Skybox story in Wired, watch a talk by the founders at Stanford, and see images and video taken by SkySat-1 on the Skybox gallery.
About the Role:
The Senior Network and Security Engineer will be responsible for the design and architecture of the company's internal and external local and wide area networks, storage area networks, and security services and compliance. The position is approximately 50% networking, 30% architecture, and 20% security.
- Together with the Sr. Systems Security Expert, create, engineer, and support Skybox enterprise network environment.
- Manage and ensure appropriate bandwidth distribution among and between sites.
- Manage IP address space including delegation and routing of internal and external IP blocks.
- Create and maintain VPN and load balancer configurations.
- Take responsibility for all communication coming into our network to ensure best practice network security.
- Manage PCI compliance.
- Responsibility for defining security levels by identifying and remediating internal and external system vulnerabilities; reduce risk by implementing mitigation controls.
- Internal and external vulnerability testing, monitoring and mitigation
- Segmentation of internal networks and management of security zones.
- 3rd Tier support for Corporate IT VOIP and office networking as needed.
- Project and test planning, process documentation, and automation.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Extensive Cisco experience – including security equipment, WAN, BGP, P2P, Encryption, and other technologies
- Planning and architecture in a rapidly iterative startup environment, ability to right-size and phase solutions according to changing business needs
- Configuration management as it relates to network, VCS, automation, and development of self-service tools for the organization
- Network monitoring, fault detection, remediation, reporting, auto-recovery and failover designs and implementation while managing to an availability SLA
- Integration of networking and security components in a diverse, heterogonous environment (Linux, Mac, Windows, LDAP, Radius, Active Directory, Kerberos, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities. This should include experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for enterprise implementations.
Ideally, the candidate would also have the following:
- Cisco course or lab work, with associated certifications
- Mixed environment experience (between Corp & Datacenter/Production)
- Scripting – Bash, Python, etc.
- Multi-petabyte sized Big Data / Cluster services in a 10g mesh environment
- Flow analysis experience (Omnipeak/Omniflow
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
EOE/AA M/F/D/V Employer.
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Fun team activities. Bring your family too!
- Catered lunch and dinner.
- Up to 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits.
- A great environment with the smartest team of people dedicated to success
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.