Skybox Imaging (Skybox) provides easy access to reliable, frequent high-resolution imagery and HD video of the Earth by combining the power of web technologies and a constellation of microsatellites. By operating the world’s first coordinated microsatellite constellation, Skybox aims to empower commercial and government customers to make more informed, data driven decisions that will improve the profitability of companies and the welfare of societies around the world. Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009, Skybox is backed by leading venture firms and comprised of internet and aerospace professionals.
About The Role:
We are seeking a design visionary with the skills, experience, and attitude to maximize our ability to create products of value to those customers. Your job will be to make Skybox and Skybox products beautiful and elegant and to lead the entire company process from supporting initial product marketing efforts through launch. You will also be responsible for tying a consistent approach to design across all products and marketing communications.
• Creative leader designing, leading and managing design efforts and user experiences across Skybox
• Role will have an emphasis on product development, software experiences, marketing and brand but not limited to those areas. Will be expected to provide design thinking across the company
• Drive the creative direction and user experience from inception to launch for software and marketing initiatives
• Lead innovative solutions and provide design thinking to drive our product portfolio and new development efforts
• Drive decisions across cross-functional groups and leadership that impact customer and user experiences
• Contribute expertise in product and marketing design
• Contribute expertise in user research driven methodologies
• Evangelize best in class design thinking
• Proven design professional with 5+ years experience
• BA/BS or above
• Must be a current practicing designer with exceptional design skills
• Deep experience in UI design for software systems with both individual contributor and leadership capabilities
• Experience or familiarity with Marketing design
• Deep understanding of design best practices
• Experience in user driven design methodologies
• Proven track record in hiring and retaining top talent
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V Employer.
Benefits and Perks:
• Flexible vacation policy.
• Fun team activities. Bring your family too!
• Catered lunch and dinner.
• Flexible work hours. Work from home Wednesdays for Software Engineers.
• Up to 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits.
• Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.